Monday, June 29, 2009

"One can never have too many Chinese friends…"

On Friday, after a catch-up text session with Rachel, I decided to go to the Chinese Garden of Friendship (her response to my attendance of this location was "One can never have too many Chinese friends"). The Chinese Garden of Friendship is a place located right in Darling Harbour and is just a small touch of China in Sydney. The gardens include a tea garden (with delicious Earl Grey tea), and then 27 stops along a path that demonstrate the Chinese culture. It was initiated by the local Chinese community to celebrate Australia's 1968 Bicentenary and share their rich cultural heritage. This place was extremely beautiful to walk through and was a nice break from the downtown city life that I have every day of the week. I didn't spend quite as much time here as I would have liked, but I did enjoy the time I spent here.

After the Chinese Garden of Friendship, I decided to finally do some souvenir shopping! I can't believe I'm only in Sydney for another two week!! With work and shops closing down at 6pm every day, it is very difficult to get any sort of shopping done during the week. This souvenir shopping took much longer than expected, and eventually turned into my whole day! Alas, I think only one more trip out specifically for souvenirs and I should be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment